There is no need to run a company to take advantage of a business laptop. They’re easier to restore and update than most laptops, and they’re made with durable components that will stand up well for travel and daily use.
The best business laptops are perfect for multitasking, running several programs at once, and flashing quickly. They’re trying to do the job without cracking the sweat. If you’re running hundreds of tabs in your window or having multiple Excel or Word documents open at the same time, corporate laptops help you work without running into obstacles also laptop cooling pads which are very helpful for Laptops.
Choosing the right laptop for a career is a serious business. After all, you need something that’s sturdy, safe, strong, compact, and willing to last a long day at work, and you’ve got a lot of choices. We’ve won the top 10 business laptops that can get the job done, but even this tiny subset of loving computers is key. Not every laptop suits how you or your workers work, or what you do.
The best business laptops are both powerful and flexible enough to satisfy a wide variety of specifications and use cases. But don’t just go out and buy the most precious, most premium laptop you can afford. It could come as a surprise to you to know that there are a lot of cheap business laptops out there that are better value for your money.
Which business laptop is best?
Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Carbon (8th Gen) has remained our favorite business laptop for three years, thanks to its lightweight nature, fast performance, and strong display choices. One of the top rivals for the X1 Carbon is the HP Elite Dragonfly, a beautiful 2-in-1 laptop with long battery life, amazing laptop keyboards, and fast performance.
How to choose a business laptop?
1. Intel vPro or AMD Pro: Most business laptops are available with Intel vPro CPUs that allow a support person to log in remotely, even if the device cannot boot. However, unless you have a big IT department and a massive fleet of laptops that you need to be able to remotely service, you probably won’t need this functionality.
2. Battery Life: Noone ever wants to run out of juice in the midst of a busy day of work or a cross-country trip. If you don’t have a giant workstation, search for a laptop with more than 9 hours of charge. Some business systems have an option of standard or expanded batteries; always have a high-capacity battery.
3. SSDs for responsiveness: If you want a super-fast machine, use a solid-state drive instead of a mechanical hard drive. SSDs can boot, launch programs and multitask at least three times faster than old-fashioned hard drives.
4. Keyboard: It almost goes without mentioning that any laptop is expected to have a decent keyboard. With business programs, however, a relaxed typing environment is much more important. Look for snappy reviews, a deep journey, and almost no flex.
Laptops designed for enterprise are lighter and heavier than ever before. Our shopping tips and product reviews will help you choose your next mobile work partner. Check out our picks, along with our deep-dive reviews.
Best Business Laptops for Travel
When it comes to traveling with a laptop, a few items matter more than the life of the battery. Not all aircraft seats have their own power sockets, and if you’ve ever waited for a flight in a crowded lounge, you know these receptacles are in high demand. That’s why we designed the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon with impressive 15.5-hour battery life. That’s enough to get you from New York to Taipei, assuming you can stay up! But even if you’re running flat, one hour is enough to get you back up to 80 percent of the battery life.
Traveling can be rough on you, and worse on your laptop. Flimsy construction, inexpensive fabrics, and poor security from bumps and fall quickly eliminate the bulk of laptops from being genuinely travel-worthy.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/35OptVZ” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics.
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life.
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/35TlcQY” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
Quickly complete everyday programming activities with this Lenovo IdeaPad laptop. AMD A6-9220E and On-Board RAM give enough power to run numerous applications smoothly for powerful multitasking, while AMD Radeon R4 integrated graphics provide high-quality visuals on a 14-inch HD display. It’s one of these best business laptops for travel.
This Lenovo IdeaPad laptop has a lithium-polymer battery that offers up to 8 hours of uptime on a single charge. Link to an HDTV or high-definition television to set up two screens side by side to see much of the big picture. Link to the Wireless-AC router for about 3x quicker, greater power, and more coverage than the Wireless-N router. Backward compliant with all other Wi-Fi networks and hotspots.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S150 Laptop Computer with 14 inch HD (1366 x 768) Display and Windows 10 Home.
- The fastest, cleanest, and most intuitive version of Windows yet.
- AMD A6-9220e 1. 60 – 2. 4GHz Dual-core Processor.
- 4GB RAM (Memory) | 64GB eMMC
- Webcam, Card Reader, WiFi, Bluetooth
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/38TVC0f” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- Ninth-generation 8-Core Intel Core i9 Processor.
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology.
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M Graphics with GDDR6 memory.
- Touch Bar and Touch ID.
- Six-speaker system with force-canceling woofers.
- 16.0-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 3072×1920 native resolution at 226 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors.
- Wi-Fi, 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology.
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps).
Best Small Business Laptops
For small and medium-sized companies (SMEs), purchasing a new PC is usually a two-step process: choosing a machine that can do a job and determining if that system falls within the business budget. But what if there was a business laptop that provided any productivity tool you wanted, in a compact, lightweight build, and could double as a tablet for less than $1,910?
Starting at $1,844, the Lenovo Yoga 730 15” may be one of the best SMB laptops on the market today. With a 2-in-1 form factor and multi-touch screen, it can practically bend sideways to become a tablet when you want to press, pinch, and zoom, and a versatile laptop when it’s time to write.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/3qwqHwN” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Processor (2.60 GHz base clock, up to 3.50 GHz max boost clock, 4 MB Cache, 2 Cores) Smart dual-core, four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing.
- Windows 10 in S Mode (Free switch to Windows 10 Home), 64-bit.
- 14″ Touchscreen, typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 10. Energy-efficient LED backlight screen.
- DDR4 2400 MHz RAM Memory with Solid State Drive (SSD) combo brings the muscle for gaming, creating, and advanced multitasking, so you can do it all, anywhere.
- Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1×1)(19a) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and RJ-45 LAN Ethernet combo. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for nearly 3x the speed, more capacity, and wider coverage than Wireless-N. Backward-compatible with all other Wi-Fi networks and hotspots.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/3sG3TfZ” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- 14″ (1366×768) | Integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 | Webcam
- Intel Core i5-6300U 2 40 GHz (Turbo 3 0 GHz 2 Cores 4 Threads 3MB SmartCache)
- 256 GB SSD | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM | WiFi + Bluetooth Combo | Backlit Keyboard
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/3nXXTvI” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- HP Laptop: Work while on the move with this 14-inch HP laptop.
- The 4GB of RAM and AMD Athlon processor ensure effortless multitasking, while Bluetooth functionality syncs with compatible wireless devices.
- This HP laptop features a 128GB SSD for rapid boots and data access times, and Windows 10 Home provides a user-friendly platform.
- AMD Athlon Silver 3050U (2.3 GHz base clock, up to 3.2 GHz max boost clock, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores).
- HDMI, Headphone/microphone combo jack, USB 3.0 Type C Ports, 2 x USB 3.0 Type A Ports.
- Basic software package included: 30-days trial of Microsoft Office 365.
Best Business Laptops for Computing Processor-Intensive
If you usually run very demanding software programs, such as architecture or engineering CAD, you certainly don’t have the luxury of sitting in the office and using a dedicated workstation. If the customer phones, that’s the way to go and the job needs to go with you. This kind of mobile power will not last long without an equally efficient battery, so it’s got that too: a dual-battery configuration that stores up to 10 batteries, a combined 104 Wh of power more than twice the life of an ordinary laptop.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/3qxS6Pc” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- 17” WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS LCD Screen.
- Intel 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10510U CPU.
- NVIDIA GTX1650 GDDR5 4GB Graphics.
- 72WH Lithium Battery (up to 16 hours).
- This enhanced performance lets lightweight laptops do more than ever before.
- Delivers big-time convenience on the go, on the road, in the air, and everywhere in between.
- The dual cooling system provides the extra performance you need, in addition to advanced cooling.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/3qxS6Pc” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- AMD A12-9720P 2 7 GHz Upto 3 6GHz Quad-Core Processor 8GB DDR4 Memory 128GB SSD.
- 15 6″ Anti-glare Full HD (1920 x 1080) WideView Display AMD Radeon R7 Graphics.
- 802_11_AC Bluetooth 4 0 Card Reader HD Audio with Stereo Speakers Webcam Fingerprint Reader.
- Ergonomic Chiclet Keyboard Windows 10 Home 64-bit 42WHr 3-cell lithium_ion 3 7lb Silver.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/38WwQg7″ text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- With its smooth diamond white, dove silver finish, vertical brushed pattern, and pop of color, the HP Stream perfectly fits your personality.
- Liberating Battery: Go at least 13 hours without worrying about recharging.
- Slim & Portable: Ultralight at 2.37lbs so you can take it anywhere.
- With an Intel Celeron processor, work all day or binge-watch your favorite shows – all while staying under budget.
Best Business Laptops for Everyday Use
Often, what you need is a laptop that really gets stuff done, at a price that keeps the accounting department satisfied particularly when you’re in the accounting department. So, the best business laptops for everyday use are very much featured for all purposes
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/3sDeHvp” text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- Sleek design and standout value. At just 2.44 pounds, it’s light, portable, and easy to keep by your side throughout the day.
- Be productive, browse, and binge watch on the 12.4” PixelSense touchscreen display.
- Convenient security with Windows Hello sign-in, plus Fingerprint Power Button with Windows Hello and One Touch sign-in on select models.
- Run your favorite apps and keep up on social media with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor.
- Show your best side on video calls, meetings, and virtual get-togethers with the built-in 720p HD camera.
- With Wi-Fi 6 (2x) and Bluetooth(R) 5 connections, HP True Vision HD webcam, and an integrated numeric keypad, this 15-inch laptop has all the essential features you need for a productive workday whether you’re in the office or at home.
- Stay connected and productive with long-lasting battery life and a thin and portable, micro-edge bezel design.
- BIOS recovery and protection: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage, and recovers itself from boot up issues.
- 15.6-inch diagonal full HD, anti-glare, micro-edge, WLED-backlit display (1920 x 1080); 82% screen to body ratio.
- 10th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1, Quad-Core, 1.0 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/2M1lIW4″ text=”Check Price on Amazon” window=”new” ]
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920×1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio.
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11.
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz).
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD.
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Windows 10 in S mode exclusively runs apps from the Microsoft Store. To install an app that isn’t available in the Microsoft Store, simply switch out of S mode in three easy steps. There’s no charge to switch out of S mode.
Factors to be considered before Buying Laptop
1. For the Right Business Laptops
When the small business workforce is willing to get actual work done on the move, productivity and performance rise. Selecting the right laptop for small business owners can start with four key considerations: budget, form factor, efficiency, and long-term needs.
- Budget: Laptop costs run from $100 to $100, and that’s before you’re tempted to install modules. Set a budget to be used as a benchmark so that you don’t buy performance that you can’t afford or lose at a cheap price.
- Factors and Features: Think of how the staff would use their computers, and then adapt the shape factors and functionality of the use cases. A small, lightweight laptop with long battery life is perfect for a travel worker. Meanwhile, a 2-in-1 laptop that can be converted to tablet mode and comes with a stylus makes it convenient for a salesperson to share content with a client in the sector.
- Performance: Fast processor (CPU) helps ensure that workers can execute regular activities efficiently, even while running multiple systems at once. RAM preserves data temporarily in the memory of a laptop, but the amount required depends on the complexity of the software. Space is used to run and run applications and the operating system. Space houses all your files, too, so you’re going to want enough room.
- Future needs: With recent advances in cloud computing and AI, foresee dramatic improvements in the software that your workers use to do their work. In general, the recommended framework specifications of the software provider state only the minimum required.
Also Check: The Best 15 Laptop Cooling Pads in 2020
2. Laptop Specifications
- Processor: The CPU gives its brainpower to a notebook. A more powerful processor makes it easy for your laptop to run machines and projects quicker. Many PC vendors sell laptops with the newest Intel CoreTM processor. This could mean the difference between a sensitive machine and a lagging one. A good processor also helps to maximize your laptop’s memory (RAM) to further improve performance.
- Memory (RAM): Random Access Memory (RAM) plays a vital role in the performance of the PC. As the working memory of your PC, having more RAM ensures that your PC will accommodate more programs running at the same time.
- Storage: Your laptop should have as much room as possible. You may add an external hard drive as an option. But the storage speed is as critical as the storage capacity.
- Operating System: You will want to postpone installing Windows 10 before you upgrade your machine if you haven’t upgraded your laptop operating system yet. Running a modern operating system on an aging PC can not give you maximum efficiency and safety benefits. With a new laptop, staff can easily open and use Windows applications, save time with voice-activated support, and appreciate built-in protections and automated upgrades to resolve security issues.
3. Other Features to Consider
- Configurations with 2-in-1s: A 2-in-1 PC provides efficient processing in a razor-thin system that flips between notebook, tablet, and tent modes. Employees can turn the computer into a job, from browser windows to 4K video development. New versions deliver features such as speech modulation and facial recognition, as well as excellent performance for life and work on the go.
- Screen Size: The height of the laptop screen ranges from 11 to 18 inches. If you want staff to bring a laptop every day, you may want to look at a smaller computer. However, if a laptop may still be a desktop, a bigger screen can be equivalent to a desktop computer. Screen size directly affects weight and price, so you need to align employee needs with comfort and cost.
- Weight: The weight and thickness of a laptop will be important as it is always moved from place to location by workers. In certain cases, every ounce is measured. Intel CoreTM processor-based notebooks are lightweight and highly portable to use anywhere workers go.
- Graphics: Laptops usually use CPU-integrated graphics processors. With enhancements to integrated graphics, you can perform functions that have traditionally been limited to isolated graphics. But a discrete graphics processor may be necessary for editing videos or generating high-end graphics.
- Connectivity: Most laptops have USB ports for connecting anything from the mouse to the external drive, plus Bluetooth for wireless peripherals and an audio socket. You would also require wireless networking with 802.11ac Wi-Fi and an Ethernet port (RJ45) for enterprise environments.
- Design: The nature of a laptop will have a dramatic effect on its utility in your everyday business activities. A business owner who is always on the move with little office time wants a separate laptop than someone who is only relegated to the office table or executive meetings. Highly mobile individuals require laptops that offer a higher degree of versatility while also delivering seamless output depending on their unique needs. On the other side, less mobile lives are just perfect for notebooks with no unique versatility and usability capabilities.
Also Check: The Best 8 Gaming Glasses in 2020 – Buying Guide
What makes a good business laptop?
A good business laptop is one with excellent performance, along with the last battery, high build quality, and simple portability. These items may sound like some fancy words to tempt customers to purchase the most perfect on paper laptops, but in fact, these terms matter.
Company is no joke, taking care of it means that you can deal with GBs of data at a single time. Years of documents are kept on file servers and accessing them can be a hassle, so a high-performance laptop can make it simpler.
What is the difference between a business laptop and a normal laptop?
New business notebooks have state-of-the-art processors, SDD hard drives for faster file management, high build quality, and long-lasting battery life. Whereas, a standard laptop could not have the best processor to start with, and may have a mediocre score. The average laptop battery is not that average and they are grappling with big data processing activities.
That’s why enterprise notebooks have a group when it comes to laptops and they have the right hardware that can perform business administration activities that aren’t fit for a typical laptop. However, if you have a fantastic business laptop to run a business, that laptop is your usual laptop to use, but that normal laptop will be better than any normal laptop in the world.
Why are business laptops more expensive?
Business-class notebooks are certain luxury laptops, and they typically come with a premium price tag. You may wonder why costing $1000 or more is true for a gaming laptop, but in fact, business laptops are all made with high-quality hardware and materials, and that’s why they can cost this high price tag.
Hope you have narrowed your range of laptops based on what you need and what you can afford, you can make your purchase comfortably. The general methodology illustrated in this laptop purchasing guide can also be used to purchase other technologies, such as copiers and business phone systems. We also have a number of useful guides to help you make tech purchasing choices.