Super-Easy Air Fryer Recipes
About these days, there are some very fancy kitchen appliances. For the most part, it’s all about creating food that tastes better, but for one or two, it’s also about making the food that we like to eat healthier, and one of the best small appliances that are late on the market is the air fryer. Here’s why to try along with some simple, safe air fryer recipes.
Why is an air-fryer a good idea like this?
The driving force behind the development of air fryer technology has been to reduce the quantity of oil needed for frying and usually require less than a few teaspoons. Because air fryers use hot air to circulate, it turned out to be an effective, practical, and healthy way of cooking using other methods as well. A standard model air fryer can cook pretty much everything. Of course, they fry, but barbecue, bake, and roast too. The best air-fryers can easily cope simultaneously with cooking multiple dishes and once mastered, an air-fryer can cook a full meal in just a few minutes.
Traditional deep fryers are costly, greasy, voluminous, and heavy to fill. There are no air fryers taking up about as much countertop space anywhere. They ‘re cheaper, safer, and cleaner all around. Being made of durable plastics does not get so hot that it is dangerous to touch the outside of the appliance. Instead, they get very hot inside so they should be kept well out of children’s reach.
Here are some other interesting air fryer health benefits.
Cuts out fat from your diet using an air fryer. A good portion of French crispy fries retains much less fat without affecting the browning or moisture content. Your chance of developing long-term conditions can be minimized with the daily use of an air fryer.
Frying with air will help you lose weight. High-fat cooking methods lead to obesity and cause other health issues including diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Deep-fried food provides plenty of empty calories and leads easily to weight gain. Switching to air-frying clearly would help you trim your waistline and keep you healthy.
Frying the air helps to prevent the production of toxic compounds like acrylamide. These compounds are formed when high-heat cooking methods are used to prepare carb-rich foods and are considered to be a ‘probable’ carcinogen, which increases your cancer risk. Switching to air-brushing reduces the risk.
Overall, air-fried foods are healthier than deep-fried foods primarily because they are lower in fat but also because food is cooked quickly and retains more of its nutrition. It also keeps a lot more of the real taste of the food and has opened up a whole array of fast, healthy recipes so here’s a few of the simplest you might want to follow.
1. Air Fryer Mini Calzones
These cute calzones are good as a lunch box meal, and they are really easy to prepare and cook so you can replace your favorite filling.
- All-purpose flour
- A pound mix of pizza dough ready prepared
- one egg yolk
- 2oz of pizza sauce
- 6oz of part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2oz of mild cheddar
- one chopped onion
- 6oz of thin-sliced pepperoni cut into quarters
- Start by rolling out the pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface until about 1⁄4 inch thick, then use a 6-inch cookie cutter or floured glass to cut it into the calzone bases. Switch to a lightly floured baking tray and leave for a few minutes to settle
- Beat the egg yolk and put it to one side.
- Mix the other ingredients gently in a large pot, making sure they are distributed uniformly throughout the filling.
- Share the mix between the bases and put each spoonful slightly off-center, then brush the beaten egg yolk around the edges.
- Fold the base and crimp the edges over the filling to create a secure seal. Stop overburdening the calzone.
- When the dough needs stretching, take a few fillings out. Allow the calzones prepared to rest while the air-fryer is being prepared by heating it to 375F.
- Air fry in batches of 4 until each calzone is golden brown and crisp. It normally takes around eight minutes.
Serve with hot sauce or a cool sour cream dip.
2. Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chips
You’ll fall in love with these chips’ sweet and savory taste and the good news is, they’re safe.
- An 8oz sweet potato
- A tbsp of canola oil
- A tsp of kosher or sea salt
- ¾ tsp of dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp of paprika (or cayenne or sweet chili if you prefer)
- Spray cooking oil
- Slice the sweet potato with a 1/8 “mandolin and put the slices in a bowl of cool water to soak for 20 minutes at room temperature to remove excess starch.
- Drain and pat dry and add to a large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Lightly coat the inside of the air dryer with the cooking spray.
- Cook the sweet potato fries in single layer batches for around 20 minutes using the rotisserie pan, or until the fries turn golden brown.
3. Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Many people recommend air fryer mozzarella sticks as a healthy and satisfying tasty snack.
- 6 mozzarella sticks cut in half to make 12 and frozen
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- Whisk the egg into a large bowl of mayonnaise. Incorporate flour, onion, breadcrumbs, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Dip every stick of frozen cheese into the batter and place it on a baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer in batches of six for 5 minutes to the air fry 370F for the sticks.
- Serve with the marinara offered as a dip.
4. Spicy Fried Chicken Goujons
Ideal for BBQ groups, these air-fried finger-licking spicy chicken goujons take only a few minutes to prepare. You can use shrimp, mushrooms, or fresh vegetables quickly, instead of chicken.
- 1 large skinned chicken breast
- 4 spoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon of hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Slice the chicken breast into 1.2 inch wide strips
- Add to the beaten egg so that each strip is covered
- Mix the dry ingredients evenly in a large bowl.
- With small handfuls, add the strips to the flour mix and remove each strip to ensure that each strip is uniformly coated.
- Chill the goujons in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes, then pump the fryer up to 350F.
- Warm two spoons of sunflower oil and cook in batches until each strip is brown softened down into the butter.
- It takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- Serve them hot, moist goujons with a fresh green salad and sour cream sauce or sweet chili ketchup in a tortilla wrap.
There are thousands of air-frying recipes around and you can find traditional recipes that you like and adapt them once you know your machine. Air frying doesn’t take long to learn and you’ll be losing fats and getting healthier while you find a new way to enjoy the good stuff.